HEF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS & CRITERIA - New Applicants
Eligibility: To be eligible for a HEF scholarship an applicant must:
* be a graduate of the St Vrain Valley School District
* be accepted at an accredited college, university or vocation school prior to receiving the scholarship award
* ALL students are encouraged to apply - HEF does not only look at gpa or community service
Selection: Evaluation of the applicants is based on the following criteria:
* Personal qualities and strengths
* Financial need
* Community and school participation
* Interview by HEF Board Members
* Unique or extenuating circumstances
How to Apply:
Complete the local scholarship application form. Ask your high school counselor for an application packet or download the application here.
Attach an original essay
Attach a copy of your school transcripts. Ask your counseling secretary for a copy of your transcript or print one out yourself from Infinite Campus.
Include two letters of recommendation from school staff or an employer. *TIP* Get a head start and ask people for letters of recommendation NOW.
Submit the complete application packet and attachments by the deadline to your school's Counseling Office by February 28, 2020.
APPLICATION PROCESS - Returning Applicants
Scholarship recipients are emailed in March of each year with instructions for how to re-apply for a HEF scholarship. For questions, contact the President of HEF at
OTHER SCHOLARSHIP RESOURCES
Consult with your school's Office of Financial Aid - they have many, many scholarships available